Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Projects, notes & mountains.

The other night after about oh so many vodka drinks I decided exactly what I want to do with my life. Unfortunately the vodka didn't take notes and I'm not sure how to put my brilliant plan into action. I know it involved things like "apparel design classes" and "graphic design school" and an end all goal of being a textile designer who sets her own hours and manages to both design, sew and wear her own creations. In my perfect world I could do these things and not fuss about things like future mortgage payments, insurance, "work" ect ect. Those sticky little things that look like big big (big!) unclimbable mountains when you start sussing out the details. I've decided that the best way to not lose hope completely is to keep busy with projects. I figure the more projects I manage to complete the smaller those big big unclimbable mountains will look. And maybe one of those projects will help me see exactly what it is that I am meant to do.

Current projects:

Holiday cards. I found baby blue die cut birds that will be the first part of the card. I've printed a pattern on one side in chocolate brown and a holiday greeting on the other. I have set an eyelet in the top and will be adding a ribbon so the card can be hung on Christmas trees like an ornament. The second part of the card is a rounded edge silver note card that will have a little note from Erik & I stamped on one side and a bird on the front. I know its not even Thanksgiving yet but I just can't help myself!



Decorations. I reused the fall leaves that I made for Jenny & Robin's wedding and hung them around the living room & dining room in preparation for Thanksgiving.
I'm going to leave the string up for Christmas and replace the leaves with silver, gold & green stars. We're hosting Erik's family at our house this year and I am going to go all out!





3 comments:

Alissabeth said...

It takes little teensy steps to climb mountains dearling!

Your cards are precious!

xoxo.

kamarie said...

I love the card!!!! I haven't even gotten around to ours this year... I have no idea when I have time for that!

I feel the mountain some days more than others. Right now, it's pretty steep.

kamarie said...

We just got our card yesterday. It's hanging in the tree now!