Sunday, January 4, 2009

NYE

Happy 2009! This is the year I turn thirty30thirty!! I am terrified and ridiculous when thinking about it. Am I a real 30 year old person? Because I thought 30 would feel so so much older. I know I won't start shopping exclusively at REI and wearing fleece and trainers as of March 16th but I swear I thought I would feel something bigger. Ask me in three months. Ask me when the clock strikes 12 on March 16th and I will tell you if I feel the urge to drive a Suburu and start family planning. Until then I will grow my hair out, buy silly shoes I will only wear once or maybe even twice and I will love being in my 20's, albiet late late 20's.

2 comments:

kamarie said...

My thoughts on thirty... It's not for real. I had a major temper tantrum when I turned thirty. I didn't want it. But really, it's just an extension of your twenties, and for some reason it makes what you say a little more valid. Don't ask me why, that's jut apparently what thirty can do for you. (But not that much more.)

I'll let you know what I think of thirty two in five months.

At least I'll finally have a master's degree. (Not that that matters much!)

Happy New Year, Sister!

jane said...

believe me, in my 31 year old wisdom, you will feel silly that you made a huge deal about it because you are really just a more fabulous version of your 29 year old self.

which reminds me, we must help erin celebrate her big 3-0!

suburu's and babies are so mid-to-late thirties!

sorry we didn't get to kiss you + erik on new years eve. this was a year full of broken traditions, but hopefully we can see more of each other in 2009!

xo