Saturday, March 1, 2008

I adore NYC.


I will be going to NYC this Spring for work (me sussing through millions of frames and buying for the store, heaven!) and have decided that this trip is a fantastic justification to shop and pick new haircuts and dream of being an effortless fashion plate envied by all. I've already started plotting for ways to make a $400 Frye boot purchase seem ok and have bookmarked all of the various necessities (ha!) for future purchase. I've bought a pair of gorgeous denim trousers and have emailed Ruthie about tailoring them as well as a couple of blouses I found at various sales & thrift stores. Its all about balancing the cheap with the chic, a balance I definitely did not succeed at for winter and hope to improve upon from here on out. Binge shopping at F21 & Target (apart from the new Go collection) will have to be kept at bay. And ridiculous purchases at Fred Meyer will have to cease (who needs the same Neutrogena lip gloss in 5 shades? Not I!). And though I do I love the ease of my short hair, I miss the freedom & diversity of styling slightly longer hair and will hold back the urge to cut it all off during the awkward middle period. I solemnly swear.

New York City, I've missed you, Mood Fabrics here I come!

5 comments:

kamarie said...

I should send you money to buy me things. I have no sense of style!

shiftercars said...

Girl you have loads of style! My dress collection pales in comparison to yours! I would rather that we went to NYC together! Oh the trouble we could get into!

jane said...

i am dreaming of bobby + i finally visting the nyc! now that lil erin is moving there, it might become a reality soon. i wish i could crawl into your enormous tote bag + go shopping with you for the weekend!

now that i only work mon-thur i have been using fri to reward myself for the past year. pampering myself with new things, but trying not to go overboard. only problem is i have lost just a few too many extra lbs which is making shopping the anthropologie sale rack a little dangerous.

if you are ever free on a friday let me know as my gelatinous upper arms need a work out + nothing is better than lifting heavy shopping bags. on top of that i never get to see you anymore. i miss youse!

i saw a new jovovich-hawk dress in this weeks people that was really adorable, but when i looked online at the new go stuff i was not very excited...+ of course that dress was not featured. weird.

wait did i tell you that i am missing you + erin a lot? ok. good.

<3 xoxox

jane said...

ps. you + maggie were so right about f21! erin + i went to the one at valley river center + tried on a shit ton of stuff while norman + bobby posed as a spatting gay couple at the hollister store + norman did live modeling in the f21 window for all the eugengers whilst reading, of all things, seattle magazine. go eugene!

<3 xoxox

shiftercars said...

Norman + Valley River Mall = The best thing ever!!

We must shop soon! F21 will be at the Northgate Mall any day now and we must be ready. Maybe we can get Lily & Frankie leashes and make it a double?